Wednesday, July 18, 2012

So. Hot.

You guys, this is almost blasphemy, but considering how much of the past month has involved temperatures over 90 (and sometimes over 100!) and dew points over 65 (and sometimes over 70!), I am sort of not liking running these days. I am even sort of too hot at the pool. THE POOL.

This is CUH-RAY-ZEE. This is not like me at all. If I had my way, summer would last about twice as long as it does, and the excess time would be taken not from spring or fall, but straight off of winter. But we've hit that point of high summer when our town is in a drought and every day is bright and hot, and yet the air is so humid you feel like you could wring it with your hands and water the dry, dead grass that way--and that makes me wish for a cool, cloudy, thunderstormy day. One during which we'd ideally lie around watching movies. Ahhhhh.....

At the same time, we've also hit the point in the summer when I start to feel the tiny, barely-there edges of panic about summer being halfway over. As all my regular readers know, I suffer every late-August. The back-to-school season is a true trial for me. I dread it like most people dread, say, tax day or their annual mammogram. I hate it when summer ends and my kids go back to school--which means I'd better get out there and enjoy every single second of summer (which is generally all too short in Minnesota). But....it's almost 100 degrees and dripping-humid. A dilemma.

So how is your summer going?

1 comment:

Jenny R. said...

Me too! I'm a summer person but even our pool water feels a little too warm. The grass is brown and crunchy. It's all making me want to sit on the couch in the A/C and read my library book.
On the other hand, I'm seeing school supplies at the store and teacher cars in the parking lot at the local school. No! It can't be that time already! How did it all go by so quickly? I'm not ready for summer to be over.