Friday, August 24, 2012

Public Kid Meltdowns, Learning About Puberty, and a Huge Honor

I know I haven't been the best at updating this blog over the summer. Between ABC Summer and just the usual whirlwind of being outside a lot and going to the pool all the time and having playdates and going to the CSA farm (and, now, back-to-school prep), I've just been too busy. For instance: yesterday I took my girls to Target to buy their school clothes, shoes, and Vivi's first lunchbox, which took more than two hours and involved one public meltdown (not mine) and all manner of mama-stamina; as if that wasn't enough for one day, I also did a painting craft project with them, (re-)taught Vivi how to tie, made them mini pizzas for dinner, and gave them a let's learn-about-puberty lesson about getting your period. Oh, and hand-mended a ripped backpack. Is that too much information? Not the backpack, but the puberty? Sorry. My Facebook friends already know all about it.

My point is, there's a lot going on.

One thing that's going on is that NYC blogger Mom and Kiddo, of What Do We Do All Day?, included my book in her list of favorite books for parents today. Really! Can you believe it?! I am honored like you would not believe; I am in very impressive company with the other authors/books on her list! Thank you, Mom and Kiddo! I so appreciate your comments about why my book made your list!

I'll be back later with the usual end-of-week ABC Summer report. After a slow start, we were pretty busy with our letter activities this week.

Enjoy your summer Friday, and maybe get reading?

1 comment:

Momand Kiddo said...

You totally deserve to be on everyone's list!