Monday, January 14, 2013

Moms Who Cook

Image courtesy realsimple.com. Black bean-spinach enchiladas. I'm making these for dinner tomorrow.


Because I just do not have time to waste doodling around on Pinterest, my bookmarks bar on the computer is overflowing with recipes I've found online and am dying to try. Some of them I actually have tried, but most are just there so I don't forget about them forever. The trouble is, I seem to not have time to try them all. Much like the thousands and thousands of recipes I have collected over the years and that now pepper my kitchen in various binders, notebooks, and messy loose-leaf piles.

Here are the things I'd be making if I actually tried all the recipes I have bookmarked right now. Don't they sound amazing?

Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies (made with coconut oil; I have made these, they are delicious.)
Healthy Peppermint Patties (also made with coconut oil)
Easy Overnight No-Knead Yeast Bread
Baked Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnuts (omg! could you die?)
Easy Baked Spaghetti Squash
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry (made. delish.)
Berry White Chocolate Scones (ditto)
Peanut Butter Honey Fudge
Crock-Pot Chicken & Stuffing (made. family loved it.)
Spicy Peanut Butter Chicken (ditto)
Chicken Curry with Sweet Potatoes (is anyone seeing a pattern here? we really do not eat all that much chicken.)
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes
Easy Individual Cherry Cheesecakes (made for Christmas dinner dessert. yum!)
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken (gah! chicken again!)
Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas (and again! my husband went nutso over this.)

...and then a couple of pages with collected recipes, like five homemade breads, the Pioneer Woman's fave soups, and a list of "the best" vegetarian slow cooker meals.

My theory regarding all the chicken is that, having been a mostly-or-all vegetarian for over 20 years, I'm well versed and well stocked in recipes and cookbooks of meatless meals: the bean, tofu, lentil, and chickpea entrees, the whole grains and root vegetables. You know. But the family, especially the husband, they like the meat now and then. And I'm not particularly skilled at thinking up something to do with chicken.

So what about you? Do you actually make all the recipes you collect, or are you drowning in them like I am? Sometimes I imagine purposefully and methodically making my way through every recipe I own. Can you imagine? I guess it would take more years than I'll be alive.

What would you most want to make (or eat!) from that list, above?

No comments: