Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tennis, Hugh Jackman, and all the Rest.

...about Hugh Jackman.

Oh no, it's only one day until....shhhhh....don't say it out loud....T-E-N-N-I-S. Hold me.

Let's talk about something else.

So what did you all think of the Oscars? I didn't watch much of them, because I can't stay up that late, but I did notice that two of my favorite Hollywood moms, Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Garner, looked absolutely flawless. Didn't they look elegant, gorgeous, calm, cool, and collected? Reese and Jen, you are giving moms of young children a good name, sistahs! Wow. Love them.

Beyond that, I was so sad that Hugh Jackman didn't win Best Actor. How can anyone deny Hugh Jackman anything? He's like the perfect man. Have you ever read any interviews with him or articles about his personal life? Not only is he adorable and handsome and totally buff, but he adores his kidlets in the sweetest way, and you can really tell that family is everything to him. Also, much like Mark Wahlberg, he often states that his wife's job as a mom is harder and more important work than anything he could ever do (I may be paraphrasing here), so....he's pretty much 100% crush-worthy. Although I go on record to say I really, really want him to shave off his beard. Hugh! Truly.

Of course that's not why I wanted him to win Best Actor. I got off on a tangent there. Ahem.

You can tell it's a slow news day (week) around here. Basically, it's the end February, which in my book always ALWAYS means the slow march of drear and dread that is late winter in Minnesota. No matter how well the winter has gone previous, by the end of February and all through March I typically hate everyone and everything. There are occasional, fleeting exceptions of course. But mostly, despite my lightbox, this time of year makes me want to scream and run away. Carrying my stash of cookies under one arm.

On a positive note, I will say (very quietly so as not to jinx myself and invoke the irrational wrath of the universe) that this is the healthiest winter I can remember in YEARS. I haven't been even a little bit sick since Christmas, and that is truly a miracle for me--a mom with two children in (germ-infested) school all day, who also regularly volunteers at said (germ-infested) school. Now, pretend you didn't hear that, while I'm over here furiously knocking on wood.

What about you, dears? What's going on with you these days?

No comments: