Saturday, April 06, 2013

Are You Daring Me to Keep the Neon Pink Shorts??


 image courtesy factory.jcrew.com
in real life this color is VASTLY different than it appears here

You guys. You are really falling down on the job when it comes to providing your fashion opinions in regard to the neon pink J. Crew Factory chino shorts question. I know that for mysterious Blogger reasons, it is next to impossible for many people to leave comments here anymore---something I should no doubt ameliorate, but you all--no time to figure that out!!!---but no one has even e-mailed or Facebooked me with their opinions. Might this mean that no one else cares? Gasp! Possibly. However, I will say that over at Ain't No Mom Jeans (one of my new favorite blogs! check it out!), where neon has been the topic of conversation lately, two fellow fortysomething moms say, "Go for it!" I'm still on the fence. I like the bright yellows too and am trying to decide which shocking color would go with more things in my closet.

Moving on. It has been quite a week. Getting back to school after a break is always busy and a little crazy--getting the kiddos back on their regular schedule, etc.--but this week has been doubly so for us, since we have/had several events going on AND Christopher went on a four-day trip out of town. I am currently halfway through my latest solo-parenting stint and it is going fine, but I'm tiiiiired. (More so than usual, I mean.) The girls love to sleep with me when Daddy's gone, and I love snuggling and cuddling with them all night in my big king-sized bed, but....I don't get a whole lot of sleep. As you might imagine. Much tossing and turning and hogging of covers and accidentally kicking me in the back and whatnot. You know. It's worth it to me, so I still let them. I just drink extra coffee in the morning.

Anyway, that's why I barely wrote anything here this week--I've been too busy getting everyone back on track and doing everything I need to do without childcare back-up. I wish I had more to write, but the most exciting thing that happened to me since my last post was that I got my highlights touched up after an egregiously long lapse. Which was THRILLING. I'm not even being sarcastic.

I also realized that winter is definitely over, and I only got two colds--and didn't get sick at all in January, February, or March (or April). This may seem unexciting, but I have two school-aged children who come home with weekly "a case of strep throat [or whatever] has been confirmed in your child's class" notes, I volunteer at the school every Wednesday, I have two extra children at my house four afternoons a week, and every family I know has been ravaged by the stomach flu this winter....and yet, I've had my healthiest year ever. Hallelujah, people! I can't imagine why this would be--more running? in better shape? taking zinc supplements that my nurse friend swears by?--but whatever the reason, it's been fantastic.  

Other things going on around here are not blog-worthy or blog-ready. So, bear with me. And let me know what's going on in your world. Surely there's something we could talk about besides pink shorts?


No comments: