Thursday, April 18, 2013

Stay Strong and Carry On.

Oh friends, it's been a tough week. Winter remains where I live (it's still freezing cold, it's been snowing and sleeting, we're currently under a Winter Weather Advisory), if you can believe that, and there was a terrible, deadly bombing in Boston. (Scary fact: my daughters' BFF's dad ran the marathon and left the finish line area mere minutes before the explosions occurred.) And then the Senate blocked the legislation for gun-sales background checks. What is the world coming to? I am sitting here in the blue glow of my lightbox trying valiantly to carry on. I have been reading Glennon's book and chanting in my head, "Love wins, love wins, love wins."

And yet. It's just a few weeks till Mother's Day. Which means that if you are thinking at all about mamas or mamas-to-be that you know and considering Mother's Day gift options, I would like to humbly remind you that, particularly if the mom in question has children under, say, six or so (although moms of older kids seem to like it too) and if she is a stay-at-home mom or plans to someday be one (although several working moms tell me they love it too), my book The Essential Stay-at-Home Mom Manual: How to Have a Wondrous Life Amidst Kids and Chaos might be the perfect gift. It's a nonfiction, part self-help book-part motherhood memoir, based on this blog and using my role as a clinical health psychologist to help moms live happier and healthier lives. It's less than ten dollars on Amazon! Moms seem to like it. I've had dozens of moms email me or come up to me at readings or later on to tell me they saw themselves in it, found comfort in it, laughed at it and teared up at it and used it and bought it for their sisters, friends, cousins, sisters-in-law. Just a suggestion.

I'm sorry to self-promote during such a somber week. But I'm realistic and I know that some of you are Mother's Day shopping already. If you buy my book, I thank you to my core. If not, that's fine too. I still love you and hope you come back here to read.

Stay strong, mamas. Or, carry on, warriors.


No comments: