Thursday, August 15, 2013

Seventh Heaven


Seven years ago today, in the middle of the night, I gave birth via an early C-section to my youngest babe, Genevieve Rose. I had gone into labor late the previous afternoon, but since I'd had Braxton-Hicks contractions all summer, it took me until 1 a.m. to take it seriously. My due date wasn't for three weeks, and my scheduled C-section not for 1-1/2, but Genevieve has always had a mind of her own.


This one completed our family, and grew into a lively, silly, genius-smart, hilarious, willful, curious child who was reading by age three and riding a two-wheeler at four. The ups and downs, highs and lows, crazy chaos and sweet surprises haven't stopped since. I'm so, so grateful.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Your BAYBEE is SEVEN! How can that be??

(and OMG that newborn pic! I just want to eat her up!)

Heidi Mann said...

Happy birthday, Genna!!! :)
Love, Aunt Heidi, Uncle Greg, Logan, and Gabriel