Friday, September 06, 2013

Friday Quick Takes

A few random thoughts for your Friday...

Last night I made this summer soup for our dinner. It was delicious. DELICIOUS. And so easy. I didn't have any mint or hot peppers but it was fine that way and perhaps even better for children's palettes. During this culinary endeavor, I discovered that the immersion blender I've owned for over a year and a half has a DIAL near the base for ADJUSTING THE SPEED/POWER. And now I understand why I've always felt I was not using the immersion blender correctly.

I confess that, during my trail run yesterday afternoon, I was caught mouthing the words to "Roar" by Katy Perry (which was on my iPod running playlist) as I ran by TWO different runners. Oh hello there, serious male runners, I am a dork. A happy, singing, running dork. And I am not used to encountering other people in the woods very often.

Also: I am fully aware that I am the last person on the planet to actually finally hear the song "Roar" by Katy Perry (thanks to Grace over at Camp Patton), and that all the rest of you have known for ages that it is an awesome song and that Russell Brand is the biggest @#$!# who ever lived (I did actually already know that second part, though not to the extent that I now do after reading this).  Roar on, girl. You deserve it.

This morning I am going to a clothing consultation for a Twin Cities metro-area magazine cover shoot--as in, going to look at, try on, and pick out clothes to be photographed in next week. How crazy does that sound?! OMG.

Talk to you soon. We've survived the first week of school! How about you?


No comments: