Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving (Week)!

Perhaps you'd like a little turkey-shaped sugar cookie to go with your icing and decorative candies? Like Genevieve does?


Quick update, you all.

Late last week my 100-year-old grandmother passed away after a very, very long (years-long) nursing home stay and slow decline. I will be busy the next couple of days with funeral stuff, relatives, and the like--not to mention the normal weekday routine for my girls. My parents are staying here and will go home on Tuesday....the day before my mother-in-law arrives for Thanksgiving (and my kids get off school for the rest of the week). So, it's safe to say I won't be writing here again before Turkey Day.

On that note, I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving, and to let you know how thankful I am for all of you who have read and supported me over the years. There are surely a lot of mean people out there on the Internet, hate-reading and such just to leave comments designed to take a person down, but goodness knows those of you who are nice, hilarious, fun, thoughtful, and kind make up for all the others. As Glennon would say, we're all just doing our best, and we belong to each other, so let's be kind this week (and always) and give thanks for our blessings and for knowing one another.

Now, go take that turkey out of the freezer, STAT.

2 comments:

tricia*kushman*anderson said...

Happy Thanksgiving Shannon and Family! Sorry to hear but your grandmother...but what an amazing long life! Enjoy the family time and sharing memories. Love Tricia

Mnmom said...

Have a wonderful holiday! Hope it's peaceful and great and that the coffee pot never runs dry.