Friday, December 27, 2013

Post-Christmas

Friends, I have so many photos of our wonderful trip up north for Christmas that you can start nodding off preemptively right now if you would like. However, they're all currently still on my phone. I promise I'll upload them later and put some of them up here.

We just got home last night from Christmas at my parents', and this morning we're having a little private "second Christmas" to open the gifts under our tree that we didn't lug up north---presents from my in-laws, a neighbor, and the like.

Today I have a mountain of laundry to do, a house to clean up, the groceries to get, and a few errands to do, so I'll be a busy after-Christmas mom. Fortunately Christopher is still off work,  so the kiddos don't have to tag along to the supermarket and whatnot. They are very happy about that.

In a thrilling twist of fate, it's supposed to be 39 degrees in my town today, so I'm also hoping to sneak in a run for the first time in, um......three weeks? I've been completely off the exercise wagon lately. The holiday season is too busy! Plus it was so, so cold and icy here for quite some time a week or so ago. I used those facts as excuses not to exercise, but if it's going to be nearly 40 degrees today, we'd ALL better take advantage. I'm thinking the girls will be out snowboarding and sledding on our backyard hill with their next-door BFF later today.

Christmas was a fun affair with 13 people (1 missing nephew, who had to work on Christmas) crammed into Grandma and Grandpa's house. We laughed a lot, took a lot of photos, and ate a lot of goodies. There was cookie-baking, playing in the snow, going to candlelight church service on Christmas Eve, piano-playing, watching Christmas specials on TV, game-playing, and a fun mommy-daughters coffee date downtown on Christmas Eve Day morning. Plus much more.

I hope your Christmas was as fun and family-filled as ours. See you later, with pictures to share.

No comments: