Monday, January 06, 2014

The Longest Christmas Break EVERRRRRRR.......

Aaaaaand school is closed AGAIN TOMORROW. So we're now on 18 days of holiday break. And Wednesday is a "Late Start day." (Normal occurrence; school starts an hour late every Wednesday for teacher continuing education.)

Today was about 45-50 degrees below zero, with the windchill. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit warmer, but I guess not warm enough. No school.

It's like my kids aren't even in school anymore! As my friend Jess said when she heard the news, "I hope my kids remember how to read and write when they finally go back."

I am getting to the point where I'm starting to feel increasingly desperate to a.) exercise (away from my home) during daylight hours, b.) go to Target by myself for a long, long time, and c.) take down the Christmas tree in quiet solitude, really really fast.

It probably isn't helping that I'd also really really like some dessert. Of any sort. Or even a cracker.

No comments: