Saturday, September 06, 2014

Survived!

Everywhere I went this week, people asked how my new job was going. Yesterday afternoon, people wanted to know how the first week had gone. It's been great, really. Exhausting (new-job-induced insomnia, extra-early alarm clock to get household stuff done before work), but great. The kids and I are tired from the first four days of a new school year--by farm-share pick-up at four yesterday afternoon, I could barely keep my eyes open--but the first week was a success. Don't ask me how we're going to do next week when we add twice-a-week kids' Tae Kwon Do classes into the equation, however. I got by this past week on caffeine and adrenaline.

And then poor Genevieve came down with a stomach virus today, during a solo-parenting stint while Christopher is gone on a bike-race trip. At least that happened AFTER the girls and I went downtown for a children's parade in our town this morning.

In sum: job = great. We = tired. Vivi = sick. But job = great.

More in a few.

xo

No comments: