Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!


I may not be 100% recovered yet (um yeah, tried a 2-1/2 mile WALK on Monday evening and got my sore throat and cough back in exchange), but thanks to an Urgent Care/pharmacy run on Sunday, I've got mega-dose antibiotics and am ready to tackle cleaning the house today before my mother-in-law arrives this afternoon for Thanksgiving. I forgive the germy children at my job who gave me this cold that morphed into a severe sinus infection, and I am knocking on wood that I DIDN'T (nor did my girls) catch the rampant stomach flu that was flying around school Monday and Tuesday. (Is it too soon to say that? Perhaps. Yikes?)

What a week. And it's only Wednesday morning.

The girls and I are off school/work today (it's a teacher workshop day, but holla, I'm not a teacher!), so THANK GOD there is time to catch up in time for company and the holiday. The children will be cleaning their bedrooms and putting away the piles of laundry they'd rather ignore. Oh, and accompanying me to the supermarket to pick up all the things I naturally forgot when I bought all the Thanksgiving groceries last Saturday. In my defense, I was siiiiiiiick and not thinking clearly. I forgot that, in addition to Thanksgiving food, we also need normal things like milk and eggs and ingredients for something for dinner tonight. Seeing how Grandma is coming, we probably can't eat PB&Js or bowls of cereal like I've been feeding my kids for dinner lately. Ha.

But now if you'll excuse me, "Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas" is on PBS Kids right now, and the girls and I watch it every year. Make fun if you want, I love it. :) Oops, I know it's not Christmas yet, but there isn't a "Very Monkey Thanksgiving" special.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, friends, fellow parents, new mamas, and all the rest. This week I am thankful for antibiotics, all of you, my daughters who make my world a better place every day just by being here and being mine, health and safety, food and shelter, and the best job I've ever had (other than my other job of "mom").

Happy Thanksgiving! Don't forget to set your scale back ten pounds tonight before you go to bed. ;)

No comments: