Sunday, July 12, 2015

Blissful Summer Adventures

Heyyyyyy, everyone.

I am the worst. I keep meaning to update the blog but iPhoto has changed into something unrecognizable and therefore I keep neglecting to upload all the summer photos on my phone (errrrrr.....actually all spring long.....I used to be so good at keeping up on the full-time (ha!) job of maintaining and updating the girls' and family (physical, not digital) photo albums, and now I have not printed out photos since.....Valentine's! GAH! Um, in the meantime, we've had spring break, Easter, zillions of school activities, the last day of school and my 5th grader's graduation from elementary school, one child's birthday, the 4th of July, and all our summer adventures! Um, yeah).

I got a new iPhone a few weeks back and am still doing things like accidentally activating features I didn't even know it had. Uh, I'll figure it out eventually.

The girlies have been busy with summer basketball, tae kwon do, and off-road biking classes; math practice; shooting hoops in the driveway like little maniacs; frequent playdates and pool dates; and the like. Summer. Heaven. Nothing better.

Last week Daddy was out of town the whole week, so we had lots of girl adventures, and on Friday I took the girls to St. Paul for the day to see my old college campus and the sights along Summit and Grand. I pointed out the basement-level apartment I lived in and the preschool I worked at right after graduation; the bakeries, coffeehouses, ice cream shops, gift stores, running routes, and restaurants I used to frequent back in the day; the governor's mansion and all the rest of the historic mansions along Summit Avenue; and the church childcare center where I worked part-time my first fall at Mac. We had so much fun and it was the absolute perfect day, topped off with movie night and a popcorn dinner at home in our pj's when we were all tired from the day and clean from bubble baths.

I promise I'll post some photos soon (eventually). :)  


No comments: