Monday, June 06, 2016

Are You Sure?

Have you been wondering why I have not had time to post here since late April, during these last six weeks of the school year--not even a token birthday post when my oldest turned 12 on Friday, nor anything about being rehired at my current full-time job for next year, nor notes about my youngest setting a school (or all of history?) record for running a total of NEARLY TWO HUNDRED miles during recess over the course of the school year, when the goal for the running club program is 100 miles (and most kids don't even make that), nor a word about completing this eight-week, kick-ass interval running program app that almost killed me at first but left me with the most awesome leg muscles and a typical (non-sprinting) mile pace nearly a minute faster than my previous usual (runners: try it!), nor a thing about Julia's first-ever middle-school track season, nor a word about the upcoming nine-girl sleepover birthday party at our house this coming weekend?

Well, this. This is why.

For those of you on my schedule, enjoy this last (half-)week of school, if you can, amidst the 50 picnic lunches (permission slip required) that are somehow still scheduled (sack lunches needed! drinks in non-glass bottles! disposable/recyclable everything!).

Cheers! You can do it, mamas.


No comments: